You are here

Proof of Military Status

In order to determine whether a party is in the military, either side may apply for information, and the Department of Defense (DOD) must issue a statement as to military service. 50 U.S.C. App. § 582.

Verification under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act of 2003 (SCRA) can be made on the DOD’s web site at:

To conduct an on-line search, a valid Social Security number or Birth Date is required, as well as the last name.